- Reflecting upon the nature of cause and effect will encourage us to avoid unskillful and unwise actions.
- Avoid those actions which harm the mind and impede spiritual development.
- Freedom from desire and attachment is necessary if we wish to be free of suffering.
- Refrain from harming any living thing.
- Eating meat is like eating one’s own children.
- We should consider that all sentient beings are no other than the Buddha himself.
- Refrain from earning a living by means of deceit and theft.
- Unless all ambitions are eradicated, we are likely to fall into the error of allowing ourselves to be dominated by worldly motives.
Read the rest here.